Thursday, January 6, 2011

To Boldy Go To ... Somewhere -- And Beyond !

Well, hello again Internets. It's Thursday.

I feel like I ought to make a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy pun or something. But wait for the poems anyway, they're at least space-themed. Because I found little plastic dinosaurs in an old toy box of mine (yes, I've been spending my holiday's cleaning, because that's how exciting my life is), and they remind me of one of the opening scenes of Firefly. And yes, I do consider making space-poems in reference to TV shows / books / movies as perfectly legit. If Richard Harteis can publish a poem called "Star Trek III" in my EN199 Understanding Literature book (p 1147), then I am more than allowed to be dorky in my own blog.

To the ABC poems -- And Beyond!


“Of Green and Yellow”
Aboard a spaceship
Bridge, to be exact
“Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!”
Dinosaurs pushed aside, navigation signals squeaking
Etching memories into forever, children of eternity. 

“A Ballerina’s Knife”
At the edge of a hallway,
Ballistic shells failing
Courage and anger grabs a long suffering girl,
Dismantling Reavers
Earning her brother – and crew's – safety.

“Infinite Improbability”
Arthur never really liked Thursdays
Been robbed of more than a home, a planet
Caught by Vogon's
Determined NOT to have his brain extracted by mice
Ending up just going to lunch, at the end of the universe. 

Ok, so there is your HHGTTG reference. See I did better than a pun, I gave you a poem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment