Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January: New Years Challange / Beginnings (ft. Rabbits)

Hello Internet. I must admit something to you, I've been very lax with myself about working on an idea I came up with to work on a few months ago, and that idea was to write a poem every day and I've fallen rather far behind on this prospect. 

That Changes. Now.

For part of New Years, I've decided to create a regular post schedule for this blog (which will be Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, because that's the most logical choice my brain came up with). And each week will be a "theme" or rather "type" of poetry for me to try each week. Since there are about 51 types of poems (that I know of) this works out pretty week. I might break down "sonnets" into Pushkin and Shakespearean (because they're my favorites) to round the weeks out to a solid 52.

The format will be very basic: I rant for however long about something or other (if I feel the need) and then at the bottom will be the poem(s) for that day. This week's type is ABC Poetry. Which is by rough definition "a series of lines that create a mood, picture, or feeling. Lines are made up of words and phrases. The first word of line 1 begins with an A, the first word of line 2 begins with a B etc." So off we go down the rabbit hole (where hopefully the spacing of lines / stanzas wont kill us) on this new adventure...


"Jade Rabbits"
Absolutely, absitively, confident in this
Beginning anew like fresh plant cuttings
Curling towards the sun, growing stronger
Determined to reach the clouds, nay, the very stars
Exploring new possibilities on the wings of dreams.


"Toy Kit"
A little bit orange, but quite a lot white
Blinking, silently with red eyes
Calmly hopping very slowly
Dancing really, if it can be said to
Exuberant and happy, perfectly smiling. Always. 


"Spaghetti Toppings"
Acanthoid structures poking out
Broken under the strain of living
Cracked and torn
Devoid now of qi
Expertly captured, killed, and grilled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment