Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Roll To Me (Magpie Day!)

Hey Internets, my roommate is playing that song (see title) and jamming out. I'm waiting for my laundry to finish washing, and am standing on shaky ground with the kid I was kind of seeing. We got into a crazy fight yesterday, the type where silence is deafiningly loud and more hurtful than any words you could bother to come up with. I feel like I ought to cry, but I know that's not going to happen. So that makes me feel worse about it. *headdesk* Relationships are weird.

But to the Magpie! (And later tonight I have to go to my Literary magazine meeting, yay!)

Today's Magpie, (Found Here: http://magpietales.blogspot.com/2011/01/mag-50.html) Has a picture of a wood with a spray-painted arrow across the top. Kind of Robert Frost-y with the roads in a wood thing diverging. Only the woods are telling you, HEY LISTEN GO OVER THERE>>>>

This weeks poem style is Carpe Diem (Oh, boyyyy.... but really, I think I need it) Definition: Carpe diem is a Latin expression that means "seize the day." Carpe diem poems have the theme of living for today. (think Gather Ye Rosebuds) So let's get rollin' !



“The Direction of Synergy”

The kettle is singing my darling
Can you hear it ringing?
The world is calling for you,
Wake Up. Wake Up. Wake Up.

How can you do anything if you don't come to greet the daylight?
Everything is turning, everything is moving,
like the motion of a skateboard
hugging the curves of the Earth

The day is early yet, the sun is rising bright,
Can you hear the birds singing?
They miss you,
Wake Up. Wake Up. Wake Up.

Are you lost up in the wood?
Thinking of the Frost
you feet know the way better than you do,
follow where their arrows lead

Sometimes the path you chose is not the best one,
Can't you see there is still time to go back again?
Fix everything, and re-chart like a lost ship drifting in the night
Wake Up. Wake Up. Wake Up.

12 comments:

Kathe W. said...

oh yes! I'm awake! Nicely done!

Andreas said...

an inspiring piece.

These lines made me smile:

"Everything is turning, everything is moving,
like the motion of a skateboard
hugging the curves of the Earth"

Kristen Haskell said...

Oh I will be singing this poem today! I needed the wakeup call my dreams have been drifting by the wayside of grief and lost in its stagnant grip. It is not too late, "there is still time to go back again..." Thanks for the inspiration!

Kay L. Davies said...

Some wonderful images in there, and wise words, too.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Tess Kincaid said...

Ah, yes, wake up and smell the coffee!

Uma Anandane said...

Wonderful take on the prompt...lovely

Reflections said...

I am waking to the dawn of a new day, new wonders like the frozen path of the wood. Frozen like the still morning moments, starkly singing their songs.

Tumblewords: said...

Ah, a lovely call to the dawn.

Hope said...

lovely insight
wonderful poem
thank you

Sue J said...

Nice to think you can go back and re-chart. Nice Magpie.

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful words written with such depth and awesome thoughts.

zeroing into the arrow

Anonymous said...

The kettle is singing my darling
Can you hear it ringing?
The world is calling for you,
Wake Up. Wake Up. Wake Up...

love every word of it.
well put.
cheers.

signed in to follow you, check us out and follow us if you wish, share 1 to 3 old poems at week 20 potluck if you can, cheers.

Post a Comment